Mammoth Mobiles Ltd - Terms & Conditions:
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them before ordering any services from us.
1.1 The terms below apply for any product/service carried out through Mammoth Mobiles Ltd.
1.2 “Us”, “We”, and “Our” refer to Mammoth Mobiles Ltd and references “you”, “yourself” and “your” refer to the customer.
1.3 This agreement shall commence from the date of ordering an item or after giving an initial quote to buy a device from you and shall continue until we have sent the device to you and payment has been processed or after purchasing a device from you.
Section 2 (Buying a device from us):
2.1.1 You acknowledge that products sold by us, pursuant to the Contract, will be pre-owned unless stated as being new or refurbished.
2.1.2 Where products are concerned, we check the products we sell and warrant that the product will be in perfect working condition when dispatched to you. Where electronics products are concerned, we check the products we sell and warrant that the condition of the product will match the grading description related to that product as stated on our website at the point of sale.
2.1.3 Should you receive any product which is defective which is satisfactorily proved by you to have been damaged in transit, then the warranty policy will apply.
2.1.4 Types of grading include A+, A, B, C and D. A+ condition is referred to as fully refurbished with replacement parts. A grade is referred to as extremely good condition with very few (1-3) scratches or marks present. B grade is referred to as good condition with some scratches or marks present. C grade is referred to as average condition with noticeable scratches or marks. D grade is referred to as below average condition with heavy scratches or marks. All our item pages include photos of the ACTUAL item to help you check the real condition on the item. None of our products are sold as faulty or with cracks unless stated otherwise in the item’s description. If you
2.1.5 Some devices come to us in faulty condition, we repair the device with either third party replacement parts or genuine OEM (orginal equipment manufacture) replacement parts. If you would like to know which quality parts have been used or would like more information on the quality of parts, please contact us before purchasing the item.
2.2.1 The price of any products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
2.2.2 For UK customers the prices payable for goods are as set out on the website inclusive of VAT and any duties and local taxes where applicable. Some of our products also lie under the VAT Marginal Scheme. Please see details here.
2.2.3 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
2.2.4 Our site contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of those listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We are under no obligation to provide the item to you at the incorrect (lower) price if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a miss-pricing.
2.2.5 Payment for all items ordered must be by credit, debit card or PayPal account. We accept payment with active UK PayPal accounts and most major types of credit card. We charge your credit, debit card or PayPal account when you have completed your transaction online and thereby submitted an offer to buy the products.
2.2.6 You confirm that the debit card, credit card or PayPal account being used to complete a purchase on the Mammoth Mobiles Ltd website is your own. All credit/debit cards and PayPal accounts are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card or account issuer. If the issuer of your payment card/PayPal account refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.
2.3.1 If a device is returned with a fault that has been proven to either be present before sending the device or occurred during transit, the repair will be carried out for you.
2.3.2 All repairs (with the exception of software related, battery and water damaged devices) come with a 6 month warranty. This excludes faults relating to physical or accidental damage or if the device is opened whilst in your possession. If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty or guarantee, then you may incur a charge for the repair. We provide 3 months warranty with the battery.
2.3.3 Our warranty does not cover repairs on Wifi Faults on the iPhone.
2.3.4 If you take your device to a third party repair business for repair, this will void the warranty on your device with us.
2.3.5 All software related repairs will not be covered by our warranty.
2.3.6 The warranty for refurbished phones and tablets sold by Mammoth Mobiles Ltd differs depending on the device and only covers manufacturing defects. If the fault is not related to this or happens outside of the warranty period, an extra cost may occur. It does not cover physical or accidental damage.
2.3.7 With all refurbished devices sold by Mammoth Mobiles Ltd, the battery will only be covered by a 3-month warranty maximum.
2.3.8 If you purchase a refurbished mobile device from Mammoth Mobiles Ltd and you accidentally damage the device this will void all warranty.
2.3.9 If the device is damaged it shall not be covered under warranty.
2.3.10 If you have the device repaired by a another business, it will not be covered by our warranty as any future faults that may occur may be related to their repair.
2.3.11 Please note a few faults are not covered by warranty as manufacturing defects, these include: Finger Print fault, WiFi faults caused by software updates, date and time faults caused by iOS updates.
2.3.12 If the device you returned has been reset we will need the iCloud / Google account information to be able to test the device, without this account information we will not provide a warranty.
2.3.13 Warranty on all accessories sold by Mammoth Mobiles Ltd is 60 days.
2.3.14 We aim to repair your device within 24-48 hours of receiving it. This is just an aim we target as a company, this is not a promise, as every repair varies in time and difficulty. Although almost all of all repairs get done on the same day, sometimes we encounter further issues that slow the repair down.
2.3.15 If for any reason your repair will take longer, you will be notified of the reason and the estimated completion date.
2.3.16 If we need to order in new parts, the repair process may be delayed. We will keep you updated throughout the whole process.
2.3.17 Please be aware diagnostics may take longer than usual repairs as our trained technicians take the time to look at every element of the device and check for faulty parts.
2.3.18 With warranty repairs on Samsung Devices there is always a chance of the LCD breaking due to build. We will not be liable for the cost of the replacement LCD.
2.3.19 Mobile devices that are sold as being waterproof are originally sealed in the manufacturer's factory with special machines and special liquid proof gaskets. When we carry out a repair on a waterproof device that involves opening and closing the device we cannot guarantee that your device will be 100% waterproof after the repair process has been completed. We replace all gaskets required but only the manufacturers of the device have access to the specialised equipment required. However, we always use grade A parts and use the best possible techniques.
2.3.20 We reserve the right to repair rather than replace under the six (6) months warranty, if a repair is not feasible a suitable replacement will be arranged.
2.3.21 All warranty claims have to be reported within the warranty period and returned to our premises within two weeks from the date of sale.
2.4 Unlocking a device:
2.4.1 We will not refund an unlock if it is found to be stolen or blocked. This is your responsibility to check.
2.5 Cancelling an order:
2.5.1 If you wish to cancel your order, you must do this as soon as possible. If we still hold the item, we will fully refund you. If you have the item or it is in transit, this will be classed as a return. Please view our return policy. To cancel, please email email@example.com or phone 23 821 82395 during working hours.
2.6.1 With all devices sold, we give our customers a 14-day money back guarantee, if you are unsatisfied with the device, you have 14 days to which you can return the mobile device, and get a refund if required. The 14 days starts from the day the customer receives the mobile device. If for any reason the item is exchanged or repaired this does not restart the 14 days. The device will need to be in the same condition as sent to you including the original packaging.
2.6.2 If we receive the device back in a different (poorer condition) than when sent, we may not accept the return and we will either return the device to you or offer to buy the device from you.
2.6.3 If we receive the device back with accidental damage or damage not covered under our warranty, this will void the warranty and we will either offer to repair the device for you (you will be quoted) or we will sent the device back.
2.6.4 If the device is returned back to you, we have the right to charge you for the return postage if the device is not covered under our warranty or returns policy.
2.7 Our liability:
2.7.1 We warrant to you that any product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
2.7.2 Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
2.7.3 This does not include or limit in any way our liability: (a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;(b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (d) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
2.7.4 We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time) however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
2.8 Events out of our control:
2.8.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control ( a Force Majeure Event ).
2.8.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: (a) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action. (b) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war. (c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster. (d) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. (e) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks. (f) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
2.8.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Section 3 (When selling a device to us):
1. Any time estimate given to you is strictly an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this agreement.
2. We will not pay you the full amount agreed until the device has been fully tested by one of our technicians to ensure the phone is in fully working order (unless stated otherwise).
3. We require any device to have the iCloud or Google accounts removed first. Payment will not be transferred until this.
4. By selling a device to us, you are confirming the device is NOT stolen or blocked. If the device is blocked or reported stolen, we have the right to ask for a refund and the device can be sent back to you.
5.All products sold to us are checked by our quality control team or a quality control team of one of our nominated partners during the quality assessment process.
6. If your product(s) fail our quality assessment process it will be because the item that you have sent to us is NOT as you have described it when entering the details (providing the required information as prompted by us) of this item on our webservice(s), website(s), by SMS messages and/or through talking to one of our employees on social media and therefore the information you have provided during the selling process to us does not match that gathered by our quality control team when reviewing the product(s) that you have sent to us.
7. Each product(s) that you sell to us should match, where applicable, and, including but not limited to the, make, model, size, colour and condition that you ascribe it when using our webservice(s), website(s), by SMS messages and/or on social media to sell your product(s) to/on Mammoth Mobiles Ltd.
8. When we quality assess your Tech product(s) at our warehouse, or in a place nominated by us solely, we will use the Condition Specifications given below, which were presented to you on our webservice(s), website(s), by SMS messages and/or on social mediawhen you described the condition of the item to make sure that the product(s) you sent to us is as you described it on our webservice(s), website(s), by SMS messages and/or on social mediawhen deriving a Mammoth Mobiles Ltd valuation/offer price for the item(s) you wish to sell.
9. The Condition you described the product(s) to be in, when selling your product(s), to us on our webservice(s), website(s), by SMS messages and/or on social mediadirectly affects the price we offer for it and if we determine the condition to be different from that which you described we mayoffer you a revised valuation.
10.The prices offered to you by us are valid for fourteen (14) days from the date that they are offered to you and you complete a valid transaction on our webservice(s), website(s), by SMS messages and/or on social media and after that period you understand, accept and agree that should we not process your items at our warehouse within the period (fourteen (14) days) that the offer price is valid, that we may revalue your items. Details of what happens when we offer a revised valuation for Tech product(s) are contained within these Terms and Conditions.
11. If your Items do not pass our Quality Assessment then we have the right to re-value your Items.
12. You have a legal right to cancel your Contract with us at any time, without giving any reason, within 14 days beginning on the day after your Contract with us is formed (this is the date of the Order Confirmation). This is called the “Cancellation Period”. However, please note that if you ask us to start providing services to you during the Cancellation Period you may lose your right to cancel the Contract after you have clicked ‘Confirm Your Order’.
13. If you tell us you wish to cancel your order after we have begun providing the services, but before we have received and begun processing your Items, we will make efforts to ensure your order is cancelled. We cannot guarantee this.
14. If your item is lost, damaged or stolen in the post, we are not responsible.
15. We do not accept iOS devices which have not been removed from iCloud, have Find my iPhone turned on or are subject to any other iOS security features. We also do not accept Samsung devices with Find My Phone activated
16. If you send us an Item which is subject to any of the above security features, we will inform you of this via email, and of the twenty-two (22) day deadline before which you must remove the security features and confirm to us in writing that this has been done. During the twenty-two (22) day period, we will send you regular reminders that you need to remove the security features and provide us with written confirmation that this has been done. If 24 hours before the end of the twenty-two (22) day period, we have not received your confirmation in writing, we will make efforts to send you a final reminder before the period ends. This will not affect our rights under the following paragraphs of this condition 18 however.
17. If we do receive this confirmation from you within twenty-two (22) days we will test your device one more time to confirm that the security features have been removed.
18. If we do not receive confirmation from you in writing within twenty-two (22) days that the security features have been removed we will Recycle your device.
19. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that any Items you send to us are not subject to any security features as described in condition number 15.
20. If we find upon inspection of Tech Items that you have sold that they have been registered or reported lost, stolen, blocked or barred, or we believe the Tech Item you have sent to us could be counterfeit we will notify you by email and quarantine the device whilst we contact the relevant authorities.
21. We check every device received against the National CheckMEND Register (the “Register”). The Register identifies phones that have been lost, stolen, blocked or barred with a ‘red flag’.
22. We accept no liability or responsibility for rejecting your Item or not returning your Item to you in these circumstances.
23. We recommend that you delete all personal information (“Data”) that is or may be stored on your Tech Item (including images, passwords, songs etc.)
24. Please ensure that you remove any SIM, media storage, memory cards or similar devices from your Tech Items prior to sending/giving them to us.
25. We shall have no liability for any losses, claims or damages arising in respect of any Data which you fail to delete from your Tech Item (whether knowingly or unknowingly).
26. Please note that it is your responsibility to remove Data from any Tech Item prior to sending it to us and to cancel any contracts (e.g. with your 'phone company) linked to the Item.
Section 4 (Our right to vary these terms and conditions):
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system s
You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within 14 working days of receipt by you of the products purchased on the Store.
Section 5 (User accounts):
Mammoth Mobiles Ltd reserves the absolute rights to close your account and cease dealing with you at its sole discretion and for reasons it determines.